Purification ritual with High Priest/High Priestess
A High Priest (and his wife, the High Priestess) is called Ida Pedanda and belongs to the Brahmana High Caste. The Majapahit Hindu priests, nobles and artisans fled Java to escape their Muslim conquerors in the 14th century; they brought Hinduism to Bali.
The Brahmans are Priests and scholars. They preach, teach and perform ceremonies. The Caste system provides a functional social structure and a source of assistance and support in times of need. When in presence of a High Priest or a High Priestess, we address them respectfully, the Balinese way, bowing slightly, hands gathered on the heart, always standing a bit lower.
Note : Menstruating women are not allowed on temple grounds…
The Ida Pedanda dresses all in white, hair held into a bun, a long white sash wrapped around the waist. For such ritual – called Melukat – all the necessary traditional regalia are prepared: Bells, bowls, incense, flowers, offerings, holly water, headband and a bracelet.
Where does this Spirit Journey take place?
- This Ritual is performed at the High Priest’s compound, downtown UBUD (5 minute walk from Post Office).
- It is done during the auspicious days of the Balinese Calendar. Please enquire for dates in advance.
What to expect ?
You will meet up with your Journey facilitator, who walks you to the High Priest’s compound.
The ritual lasts about one hour.
The High Priest/Prietess :
- Prays, rings the bell and calls the Spirit in
- Chants Mantras (sacred healing sounds)
- Performs Mudras (sacred healing hand gestures)
- Blesses the Offerings (your written Intentions folded between them)
- Sprinkles Holy water over your head, blessing you
- A headband, woven from palm leaf and flowers, symbolic of the connection to one’s inner voice and intuition
- A braided bracelet, called TRIDATU, symbolically connecting us to one’s guides and guardians
- Holy water for blessing and drinking
- Rice to bless you with peace and abundance, put on your chakras.
- Along the Ritual you will be assisted by our English-speaking Balinese Facilitator.
Main Benefits of this Spirit Journey
- Aura clearing (where diseases start)
- Purification of body, mind and emotions
- Clearing of negative energies: shame, guilt, anger, grief, doubt, directionless feelings, recurrent bad luck, specific karmic influences
- Connecting with one’s guides & intuition
- Contacting one’s Inner Voice, binding with one’s soul
- Quiet time for silence, meditation, prayer, contemplation, facing the shrines.
- Learning with your Balinese guide every step of a simple traditional Balinese Ritual, the essential How-To’s:
- Purify your hands and face,
- Use the offerings,
- Perform the proper gestures,
- Greet the gods,
- Express one’s gratefulness,
- Ask for one’s Intentions to be fulfilled.
Have your Intentions prepared in advance:
Read our Essentials
SPIRIT JOURNEYS WITH HIGH PRIEST
Deadline for your payment : Paypal is expected minimum 48 HOURS before Meeting time.
This is meant to facilitate the Spirit Journey for all parties involved, including High Priest, driver, assistants, etc
- Offerings & incense
- Tricolor braided Bracelet
- Donation to the High
- Priest, his helpers & family